Tuesday, June 19, 2012

long over due Update



The longer time I spend away the more you know I have going on.
This time Its been more personal stuff than actual work going on :( First it was my husband who got sick from a bug my mother had. Then it was my son having a fever for a week. We originally thought it was the same bug but when he started screaming at the top of his lungs at 3am and his medicine wouldn't bring down that fever we knew it was more serious. Lots of stuff happened but he just got a clean bill of health from the doc today. :) he is back to normal and acting like himself again. This means I have to really go back to work re organizing my office and getting these little "fund raising" projects for my clothing line back on track.


I actually have been contributing to the hautewives blog on and off but I think we have had so many other personal things going on that its also been taking a back seat.Ive changed the logo to a kiss instead of the vintage thingy we had before. I am also working on getting the website up <3 it was 99.9% done at the beginning of this month but I had to push the launch day back because when I did my test launch I realized some of the links and pages weren't working correctly. Even the techs online didn't know what was wrong. Its still being worked on and I'm hoping that we can debut that next month.
 I also had a really successful little TOTE launch in my neighborhood. I have always wanted to make something small to raise funds and this was the perfect item. To my surprise they were a hit and I got about 30 orders in the first 2 days!!  I was so excited that I decided to start working on some aprons and a summer wrap dress to go with the totes. Right when I thought I was going to finish up the apron and dress is when my hubby and son got sick so I had to slow down. I hope to be able to pick back up where I left off and work on all this stuff next week.






The premier of the tv show that I contributed my dress too (perfect destruction) came and went.
 I sadly couldn't attend because I had too many orders of totes to make and deliver. :( it was the saddest day ever knowing I couldn't see my dress on the big screen but the Executive Producer-Director-Writer (Tiffany Ariany) did mention that I would have another chance to see it at the film festival this year. I'm hoping to get back in touch with her soon and get more info.






As far as writing gig I had with society 805(online magazine) ....
well that's complicated to be completely honest I'm not even 100% sure I know what the true issue is or was but, I tried my hardest to rectify it with no luck. I gave many apologies and a tote on my behalf. I hope that she is well with her and I wish her the best. I don't have time to be spending on negative things and thoughts so I have moved onward and upward since then.

I actually updated my website today and added 2 new dresses to my sneak peek section. If you haven't logged on to it recently you will also see a new link "TOTE STORE" which is where I am selling my totes. The wrap dress and apron should be available to buy online really soon so keep an eye out for that :)


THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS! 
hopefully Ill be able to write another update soon :)
till then have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment